Super foods to make you super fit
This is the age of tremendous stress. In this age of computers and the internet, majorities of people develops and follow sedentary lives. This makes them pursue unhealthy diets. Super foods are the need of the hour. There are many naturally occurring super foods out there in the market. People are slowly moving towards the herbal route to good health. We shall now discuss the properties of some of the major super foods.
1. Acai: Berries are very good for health. There are a whole lot of berries out there in nature. Acai is one such berry, dark blue in color growing on the acai palm in the Amazon forest in Brazil. The fruit has a delicious pulp full of nutrients. You can eat the fruit along with the skin. It tastes as a combination of berries and chocolates. High in antioxidant and essential fatty acids, this berry is great for improving the overall immune system. It has anti-aging qualities in plenty. You should eat this fruit regularly for a healthy glowing skin.
2. Agave Nectar: People have warmed up to the dangers of sugar. They are moving towards alternate natural sweeteners. Agave is one such natural sweetener from the agave cactus. A native of Mexico, you have to produce it at low temperatures to maintain the enzymes. The best part is that agave is low on the glycemic index. Thus, people with blood sugar issues can use it as a great sweetener. You should be careful when buying this supplement from the open market. They sell the highly refined and heated version of the agave. This is as good or as bad as the regular fructose sugar.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACW): In its natural, un-distilled, and organic form, ACV is one of the best super foods available in Nature. You have to use fresh, crushed apples and allow them to mature naturally in wooden barrels. Wood is a natural fermentation booster. Apple Cider Vinegar has natural cleansing qualities. Its high probiotics content and acidity factor makes it a natural healing elixir. It promotes the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and hence used for treating digestive ailments. As a result, it is useful for promoting healthy skin, inflammatory levels, and increases metabolic function.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has become very common nowadays. It is a succulent with tremendous healing properties including soothing the skin as well as the digestive track. The beauty of Aloe Vera is that you can use this herb both inside as well as outside the body. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral agent. It has a high content of vitamins A, B12, and E as well as minerals such as calcium and magnesium. It is a wonderful and natural source of enzymes and fatty acids. It has great use as a cure for intestinal disorders as it has the ability to treat the internal lining of the intestines as well. You can sure a whole lot of skin diseases such as rashes, eczema, and others.
5. Baobab Fruit: This is the fruit of an enormous tree in Africa. The tree is famous for its gigantic size. The Baobab fruit is full of essential nutrients such as Vitamin C. It contains a host of minerals too. It is an extremely effective antioxidant and has great use in destroying the free radicals in the body. It has a high concentration of calcium, potassium, magnesium, as well as fiber. You may not be able to consume this fruit in its natural form. You have to consume the super fruit powder available in the market.
6. Barley Grass: Barley grass is a very rich source of calcium. In fact, research shows that barley grass contains 11 times more calcium than cow milk. It has 5 times more iron than spinach and 7 times more Vitamin C as compared to oranges. This is a terrific combination. It has a high concentration of Vitamin B12, most important in a vegetarian diet. Barley grass has tremendous anti-viral properties and has the capacity to neutralize heavy toxic metals such as mercury in blood.
7. Bee Pollen: We have seen many nutritious vegetarian food sources. It is time; we see some non-vegetarian sources too. The bee pollen is one of them. It is in fact the most complete food known to nature. Protein wise, it has 7 times more protein than beef. Bee pollen is very useful for athletes as it can provide them with the extra bit of energy when required the most. It is also of great use for people recovering from severe illnesses. It also works as an antidote for hay fever and sinusitis. It has high quality anti aging properties and helps to increase the mental and physical capacity.
8. Black Cherry Concentrate: Black cherry has been in use since ages for its high medicinal values. It has a high concentration of Vitamin C. It has great use as a promoter of healthy uric acid levels in the body. This is particularly useful for people with kidney stones, gout, and arthritis. It is a tremendous antioxidant capable of destroying the strongest of free radicals in the body. You can use it as an excellent cleanser of the liver as well as the kidneys.
9. Blue-Green Algae: The Blue-Green algae has tremendous healing capabilities. In fact, it is a powerhouse of essential nutrients. The entire food chain depends on the blue-green algae. It is responsible for creating as well as renewing all forms of life. It has a high content of vital minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. It has the highest concentration of natural vegetable protein (58%) in the world. The essential amino acids and the fats make for a perfect balance in the human body. It is great for brain development and nerve regeneration. The human body can assimilate about 98% of the blue-green algae. It is a great source of energy providing mental clarity, increasing stamina making it essential for athletes as well as children.
10. Sprouted Brown Rice Protein: Brown rice has great nutritional qualities. Everyone knows that. Sprouted brown rice contains 83% proteins. It is very easy to digest sprouted brown rice. This hypoallergenic and vegan protein has a high content of vitamins, minerals, essential as well as non-essential amino acids. This is the ideal protein for increasing metabolism and promoting lean muscle mass. It is great for overall digestive health. The sprouted brown rice protein is a slow burning fuel and has a spectrum of enzymes to control blood sugar.
11. Cacao: The cacao is the purest raw form of chocolate. In fact, many people refer to it as the ‘Food of the Gods’. The cacao bean is the highest natural source of magnesium. It is a powerful antioxidant, rich in minerals such as manganese, iron, as well as chromium. This makes it great to control blood sugar. The cacao contains Theobromine in large quantities making it a great mood enhancer by improving the functioning of the brain. It is an ideal super food for muscle contraction as well as for promoting cardiovascular health. Women can use this super food for treating their PMS symptoms as well as for procuring enough energy. Cacao has a good quantity of PEA, a love chemical. It also contains anandamide, a neurotransmitter of bliss.
12. Camu Camu: It is a small berry like fruit having a purple-red skin found in the Amazon rain forest region in Peru. It has a yellow color pulp. Among all the plants, it has the highest concentration of Vitamin C. It has tremendous immune boosting qualities. It is great for adrenal health. It can promote healthy hormone production making you feel energetic and capable to adapt to stress. It can improve your bowel movements and enhance the integrity of the veins, making it great for bruise prevention.
13. Carob: Carob powder, originating from carob pods is an important member of the legume family. There are references to the carob beans as a health supplement in the Bible, forming an important ingredient of St John’s bread. It has a low percentage of fat. It contains three times the quantity of calcium as you would find in milk. In addition, it is a rich source of vitamins A, B, B2, B3, and D. It has a high content of minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, as well as magnesium. It has a high metal content with iron, manganese, barium, copper, and nickel forming the bulk of the combination. You will find it free of caffeine as well as oxalic acid. It is sweet in taste and an excellent alternative to cacao.
14. Cayenne: This red-hot chili pepper has a high concentration of vitamins A, B complex, and C. It provides great help in digestion of food by producing ample quantity of hydrochloric acid. This also helps in elimination of the waste food from the body. As in many peppers, this chili pepper also contains Capsaicin. This is a proven killer of the prostate cancer cells. It has the capability to arrest heart attacks too.
15. Chia seed: This is an edible seed found in the desert plant, Salvia hispanica. It is a member of the mint family. You will find this desert plant in the deserts of South Mexico. This plant has a very old history dating to the pre-Columbian times. They used to form an important part of the diet of the Aztec and the Mayan diets. In fact, The Aztec warriors used this plant as a survival ration. They have a rich content of omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. They are rich in antioxidants too. You can use the chia seed as an oatmeal replacement, pudding, or a shake thickening agent. This seed helps you in maintaining excellent bowel movements.
16. Chlorella: These single celled green algae are a great source of nutrition. It has an extremely high concentration of chlorophyll and magnesium. Nutritionists consider this alga as a high-quality detoxifier. It has the ability to get rid of the toxins from the skin, liver, as well as the brain. Chlorella is a great source of protein as well. It has tremendous use as a skin cleansing agent. It has the capability to maintain blood sugar balance, mental clarity, and a strengthened immune system. It also contributes towards a balanced digestive system and enhances mood stability.
17. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a traditional medicine finding place in the Chinese as well as India scriptures. Ayurveda and Chinese medicine consider cinnamon as more valuable than gold. They have recognized the power of cinnamon in curing common colds, indigestion, and cramps. Cinnamon has a reputation of a great provider of energy and vitality. It has the capacity to improve the circulation of blood. At the same time, it is an excellent stabilizer of blood sugar levels in the human body.
18. Coconut Butter/Oil: Coconut has an ancient tradition of being an excellent source of nutrients. The early Spanish explorers used to call it ‘coco’. This means ‘monkey face’. This may be due to the presence of the three eyes on the nut resembling the head and face of a monkey. Jokes apart, coconut has tremendous use as a highly nutritious food. It is rich in healthy fat, fiber, and vitamins. It has a high quantity of minerals as well. The coconut has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties making it the best medicine for immunity stimulation as well as for topical treatment. The coconut has the capability to stimulate the thyroid. It can thus increase the rate of metabolism and aid in weight loss.
19. Cordyceps (Fungi): This is a well-known Chinese medicine. It is actually a dried form of a fungus. The name of the fungus is Cordyceps sinensis. It grows on the larva of the caterpillar. It has a reputation for strengthening the kidney and the adrenal glands. Hence, it has great use in Chinese medicine as a replenishment of general body health. Cordyceps is an adaptogenic herb capable of boosting the immune system. It can increase the energy and stability as well as the oxygen intake as it can enhance the functioning of the lungs. It has an enviable record for battling fatigue and improving the sexual functions of the human body.
20. Durian: The South Eastern cultures consider Durian to be the king of the fruits. It is a decadent fruit with a creamy flavor. However, it has a strong and distinct sulfur-like smell, usually found in onions. This large fruit is a native of Thailand. The fruit has a thorn-covered husk. It is rich in vitamins and minerals as well. It contains the amino acid, tryptophan in large concentrations. Tryptophan is essential for the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter renowned for bringing a feeling of well being and happiness. It has the ability to regulate sleeping patterns. It has a great use as an aphrodisiac.
21. Echinacea: This is the best natural remedy for colds and flu. It is a natural antibiotic. It has the capacity to stimulate the immune system helping to build up the resistance to diseases. The Echinacea is effective as it can stimulate the lymph flow in the body. The lymph in fact, runs parallel to the blood flow and plays a stellar role in flushing out the toxins from the body. You can take the herb in its liquid form or in the form of capsules. You can also take this herb in the form of its tea. This is a popular treatment for infections and can cure even skin cancer.
22. Flaxseed Oil: Flaxseed oil is pure yellow in color. It is a clear liquid produced form the cold pressing of the dried seeds of the flax plant. It is a fantastic source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It also contains alpha-linoleic acid, essential to human health. It also contains lignans in large numbers. The oil converts them into hormone-like substances. They have great use in prevention of breast cancer. They have healthy cholesterol content and are known to improve joint mobility and heart health. However, you should use the flax seed under medical supervision.
23. Ginko Biloba: You can find this Ginko Biloba on the Ginko trees. These trees abound in China, Korea, and Japan. These are one of the oldest species of trees. They have mention in the ancient Chinese scriptures as having the powers to increase sexual energy levels and promote longevity too. They have a reputation of increasing the blood flow to the brain. This can result in having an enhanced memory, mental clarity, and reduced fatigue levels too.
24. Ginseng: You can find this adaptogenic herb in the Northern Hemisphere alone. Ginseng has tremendous use as an anti-aging product. They have a reputation of curing diabetes as well. This is a traditional medicine, used for thousands of years to improve the overall health of a human being. Nutritionists recommend this herb for increasing energy levels and reducing stress. It has the ability to prevent general illness and increasing the enlightenment levels.
25. Goji Berry: People also know the Goji berry as Lycium berry. You can find these berries in the Himalayan regions in China and Tibet. These are extremely small berries. However, they are a power-packed nutritious product. They contain 21 trace minerals and contain more iron than you can find in spinach. These berries contain more amounts of Vitamin C than oranges. They are an excellent source of vitamins A, E, and B. They are rich in zeaxanthin, a product excellent for eyesight. They contain polysaccharides in large quantities to help activate the brain and provide long-term energy. They are renowned for stimulating HGH, and hence are useful for promoting vitality, longevity, energy, and stamina.
26. Golden Berries: You can find the golden berries in the mineral-rich soils across the Peruvian Andes. These berries, also known as the Incan berries, help strengthen the body during stressful times. They have the power to improve blood circulation. They have a high content of Vitamin A, C, iron, niacin, and phosphorus. These berries contain pectin in good quantities helping to regulate the flow of food through the digestive tract. They have the capability to lower the cholesterol levels and regulate the blood sugar levels.
27. Green Tea: Green tea has tremendous use as a far-reaching medicine. It can address many medical concerns ranging from sunburn to the life-threatening problems such as cancer as well. Green tea has a tremendous record in promoting weight loss. It has a great use as a protection against radiation levels too, especially at the thyroid. Green tea can support the tendons and ligaments. Hence, it can improve the functioning of the stomach. It has the capacity to regulate blood sugar levels and is an extremely potent antioxidant.
28. Guarana: Guarana is a derivative of a plant found in the Amazon basin. It is renowned for being a powerful stimulant. It has the capacity to quicken the perception levels and increasing the metabolism. This plays a great role in losing weight. You can also alleviate hangovers by consuming this plant extract. Caffeine is present in Guarana in low quantities. However, you do not experience the same agitated response as the extract does not cause any stress to the adrenal glands. You can treat the Guarana extract as an excellent replacement for coffee.
29. Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds find a place among the most nutritionally complete food source in the planet. They contain all the essential amino acids and the fatty acids required for the basic well-being of a human. They have a tremendously high concentration of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, much more than any nut or seed source. They have abundant quantities of Vitamin E. They are rich in dietary fibers, as well as minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc. They contain all the ten amino acids. Hence, they qualify as a great source of vegan protein.
30. Kombucha: The very name suggests its Chinese origins. Kombucha is a fermented, enzyme and probiotic-rich tea having mention in the earliest Chinese scriptures as an “Elixir of Immortality.” In fact, it was once the favorite beverage of the Samurai warriors. Maybe, this might have been the strength of the warriors. The Japanese people still use the Kombucha as a powerful digestive acid and detoxifier. The Kombucha has an enviable record of promoting strong levels of immunity too.
31. Lecithin: Lecithin is a vital super food for the development of children. They are a tremendous source of the nutrient choline, vital for the functioning of the brain. They maintain the healthy cholesterol levels as they have the capacity to break down the cholesterol in the body and support the liver health. They contain good concentrations of unsaturated fatty acids required for optimal organ health. These include the brain, heart, kidneys, and the cellular membranes. Lecithin is very useful for losing weight as they contain inositol, an ingredient aiding in burning of fat. You should note that you should only purchase non-GMO lecithin. You can also obtain Lecithin from sunflower seeds.
32. Lucuma: Lucuma is a traditional fruit, famous for its delicious taste. You can find this fruit in the Andes. They have a traditional record of having potent nutritional content. The Lucuma fruit has a creamy flavor too. It contains high doses of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You can find a high concentration of beta carotene, iron, as well as niacin (Vitamin B3). They have use as an additive to smoothies, ice creams, and raw desserts as well. The benefits of the fruit have mention in the age old history running back into thousands of years.
33. Maca: This powerful adaptogen is a native of the high Andes Mountains in Peru. It has the ability to work with the body to stabilize the hormones and increase the libido. By increasing the intake of oxygen, this super food can enhance the energy levels and endurance levels as well. The Maca root has a traditional history of being an effective remedy for improving sexual performance. The native people also refer to it as “Nature’s Viagra.” The Maca root is extremely useful to women for correcting the hormonal imbalances during PMS and Menopause.
34. MSM Sulfur: The full form is Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane. This is a naturally occurring form of dietary sulfur. You can find this in fresh raw foods and rainwater as well. The human body requires adequate amounts of sulfur for maintaining its normal structure and functioning. This is an important part of the protein and connective tissue comprising our body mass. They can assist the enzymes in performing chemical reactions to protect us from oxidative stress. It has a proven record as a pain killer as it assists in collagen production. This has great use in treatment of arthritis and osteoarthritis. People also use MSM for beautifying their hair, skin, and nails.
35. Maqui: These berries are native to the Patagonia region of Chile. The powerful purple berry has another name, ‘the New Superberry’. It has a high 616 ORAC value. This is about eight times higher than any other food in the market. The Maqui has a rich tradition of use by the Mapuche Indians to treat chronic diseases because of its high antioxidant value. They have the capability to fight fatigue and thereby increase stamina levels. You have seen that berries have a special place in the nutritional table. Practically every berry has great nutritional value.
36. Mesquite: Mesquite is a leguminous tree. You can find this tree in some of the driest places on the planet. Traditionally, it is a North American food used for centuries as a source of essential nutrients. This plant has the capacity to grow in the harshest of climates. The Mesquite has impressive protein content and a variety of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and sulfur. The combination of magnesium and sulfur makes it a great food for improving the bone health in an individual. The Mesquite has a flavor very similar to molasses making it apt for smoothies and raw desserts.
37. Mulberry: Mulberries in their raw form are succulent and display a sun-dried appearance. You can find these mulberries on deciduous trees in Turkey. The mulberry trees have a reputation of growing very fast and can reach a height of up to 35 feet. They are an excellent source of Vitamin C, iron, and calcium. They have a high content of protein, fiber, and vitamins B and K. They also contain a high concentration of resveratrol, a longevity antioxidant found in the skin of red grapes and red wine as well.
38. Nettle: These plants have a reputation These plants have a reputation of being stinging nettle plants. However, you have to dry the nettle leaves before eating. The saliva can then neutralize the stinging sensation. You should have a cup of nettle tea in the morning. It can ease your bowel movements considerably. The nettle leaves can improve the functioning of the thyroid. They have the capacity to increase metabolism and release the mucus in the colon. This helps in flushing out the excess waste matter from the body.
39. Noni: The beauty of Noni is that you can use every part of the Noni shrub. The Noni is a tall evergreen and flowering tree belonging to the coffee family. Noni has great use as a reliever of constipation. People use it to alleviate inflammation too. Regular consumption of Noni can aid in maintaining healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels. You can also use Noni as a mood enhancer. It has the capability to enhance the moods and reduce the levels of depression. You should drink the juice of the Noni fruit by adding a small quantity to a glass of water. It has a pleasing taste.
40. Nutritional Yeast: This is a nutritious food for the pure vegetarian. The yeast is rich in proteins, vitamin B including B12. It has an excellent cheesy taste making it a welcome addition to any type of meal. The yeast contains glutathione. Hence you can use it for detoxification. This also enables you to regulate the Glucose tolerance factor essential for blood sugar control. The yeast also contains beta Glucans, essential for immune health. It has trace minerals in abundance and pre-biotics for the health of the gut. This yeast is extremely useful in controlling the blood pressure of the human being.
41. Pomegranate: This is a delicious fruit. The fruit is renowned for its extremely rich antioxidant qualities. You can find the pomegranate as a basis of many traditional Indian health remedies. The fruit has a high content of Vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants. Studies have shown the benefits of pomegranates in curing of prostate, breast, and lung cancer. Nutritionists also recommend use of pomegranate to reduce the blood pressure and regulate the cholesterol levels. They have tremendous record in clearing the arteries of plaque. This fruit is tasty as well. The fruit has a rich content of iron, making it best for people with anemia.
42. Propolis: Bees coat the walls of their hives with this substance, Propolis. They have high use as an effective antiseptic agent. The antibiotic properties of the Propolis can fight off many bacteria affecting humans. They can help to strengthen our immune system a great deal. Propolis has the capability to work against the viruses. Most of the antibiotics cannot do that. You can take Propolis to protect yourself against the cold and flu. It can reduce colds, coughs, and inflammation of the mouth and its internal organs such as tonsils and throat.
43. Reishi Mushroom: The Reishi Mushroom has a very long history of being a very powerful herb for ensuring a long and healthy life. The Chinese scriptures have special mention of Reishi Mushroom and its medicinal qualities. The ancient Chinese attributed their longevity to regular consumption of the Reishi Mushroom. They have the ability to build physical resistance to diseases. They can treat a range of physical ailments too such as liver disease, hepatitis, autoimmune disorders, and allergies. The Reishi Mushroom has powers to cure depression and cancer too. It has the ability to regenerate liver tissue and act as an anti-infective in the liver.
44. Rooibos Tea: You can find this tea plant in the Cape in South Africa. The tea is renowned for its concentration of antioxidants and polyphenols. It does not contain any caffeine and is extremely low in tannins. Hence, you can consume this tea as much as you like. The Rooibos tea has an excellent record of boosting glutathione levels. This is an important antioxidant functioning from within the cell. Thus it finds itself in a fine position to neutralize the free radicals. The glutathione can also promote the detoxification of the liver, enabling the elimination of the toxins from the body.
45. Royal Jelly: This is milk like secretion from the head glands of the worker bees. This is the principal food of the Queen Bee. The Queen Bee survives by consuming this Royal Jelly. You should know that the Queen Bee lives 40 times longer than the rest of the bees. It is a very nutritious food source containing practically every nutrient required to support life. It has a high concentration of Vitamin B5. This vitamin can combat stress, fatigue, and insomnia as well. This is a vital nutrient for healthy skin as well as hair.
46. Sea Salt, Unheated and Unrefined: Salt is the most essential commodity in human life. You cannot imagine any diet without salt in any form. The unheated sea salt is completely different from the table salt you use. The sea salt contains essential minerals. The common salt is a refined one containing only sodium and chlorine. They remove all the other essential minerals for the sea salt while refining it to produce common salt. Thus, unheated sea salt is best for every function in the human body. It can stimulate hydration; improve kidney, lymph, and cardiovascular functioning as well. It can maintain fluid balance and produce the requisite hydrochloric acid for proper digestion.
47. Sea Weeds: Seaweed is one of nature’s most nutritious foods. They have a tremendous source of minerals as they have access to all the nutrients in the sea. They have tremendous medicinal qualities such as detoxifying and blood purification. They have a high content of calcium and have powerful chelating properties. They are rich in antioxidants and hence have the capacity to fight diseases such as cancer. The seaweeds have a special ability to fight weight loss as they have the capacity to boost metabolism.
48. Spirulina: Not all bacteria are bad for health. In fact, there are many good bacteria too. The Spirulina, a cyanobacterium is blue – green algae rich in proteins and vitamins. At one point of time, the Aztec coveted the Spirulina. Today, man considers it a very nutritious food source. The United Nations World Food Conference calls it the ‘The Best Food for the Future’. The high vitamin content enables it to correct the anemic situation in man and woman alike. It has the capability to reduce radioactive damage and lower the cholesterol. Hence, it is effective food when a person is undergoing chemotherapy.
49. Tocotrieniols (Stabilized rice bran): This is a prominent member of the Vitamin E family. This essential vitamin, Tocotrieniols is a high quality antioxidant, helping the body to get rid of the free radicals. They increase the cellular health by maintaining healthy cell membrane, repairing the DNA, and assist in production of enzymes. Rice bran contains all the seven types of Vitamin E Complex, CoQ-10, Alpha Lipoic acid, Glutathione and many more proteins and vitamins. They have a high concentration of polysaccharides, and amino acids. Rice bran has a reputation of relieving blood sugar imbalances.
50. Tomato Concentrate: The tomato is a very simple fruit. However, it has a terrific reputation as a powerful antioxidant. The discovery of the carotenoid, lycopene a health promoting phytochemical helps to scavenge and neutralize the harmful radicals from the body. The tomato acquires the red color due to the lycopene. Tomatoes have anti-aging properties and can stave off many diseases. A regular diet including tomato concentrate can prevent prostate and lung cancer too. The tomato has high quantity of iron and is very useful for people having anemia. Tomato forms an important part of diet in practically every vegetarian meal.
51. Turmeric: Turmeric is a renowned antiseptic. The Hindu as well as the Chinese scriptures has adequate mention about the qualities of turmeric. It has a very ancient tradition as an anti-inflammatory agent. Turmeric is very effective in treating weak bones. It has an enviable record of soothing menstrual difficulties in women. You can apply it directly to a bruise. You can ingest it to get digestive relief too. Studies show turmeric as an effective cure for cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and arthritis. Turmeric has great use as a skin-cleansing agent. You can find many topical skin creams having turmeric as its main ingredient.
52. Wheatgrass: wheatgrass has very high nutritional value. It has a terrific alkalizing and detoxifying properties. Wheatgrass has the ability to clean the body, organs, as well as the lymph system. In fact, of you compare wheatgrass with green vegetables in matters of nutrition; wheatgrass has more than two and a half times more nutritional value. It has the ability to stimulate the thyroid gland. It can reduce obesity and acidity in the body. Wheatgrass has an amazing composition. It is very similar to human blood. Hence, wheatgrass has tremendous anti aging benefits.
53. Yerba Mate: You can make Yerba Mate from the caffeinated leaves of the South American holly tree. It is a highly nutritious and stimulating food source. You can liken its use to that of chocolate and coffee. However, there is a small difference. Unlike coffee, yerba mate is not acid forming. Hence, it does not increase anxiety levels. In addition to boosting energy, Yerba Mate can improve mental clarity and focus. It has a high concentration of potassium, magnesium, amino acids, and antioxidants. However, Yerba Mate does not cause any addiction as coffee does to a man.
We have seen in detail how Nature has its own way of curing ailments. We should take inspiration from Nature and try to include as much natural foods as possible in our diet to maintain a healthy lifestyle.